Monday 25 July 2011

copy of x-ray from May, plus ponderings about the MRI results (due Thurs 28 July)

I've received a copy of the x-ray taken back in May this year. It shows J's curve very clearly.

The big question though is: what will the MRI results show on Thursday? It's an incredibly important day for us - potentially determining what the cause is and what the treatment from now on should be...

I don't know how to prepare myself this time. I've got all the questions I wrote a couple of weeks ago, but it all depends on the actual results.

The consultant we're seeing used to work there (he graduated in 1965) but retired - we're fortunate that he's come back to do extra sessions so we don't have to wait for months.

I've managed to get the application of the 4th cast re-arranged for Thursday as well (rather than Tuesday), so just the one trip to the hospital this week.

I'm looking forward to J's next bath - it feels like a lifetime since he last had one and he has started asking to have them. He puts lots of toys in the bath and tries to pull himself over the side :-(  A small price to pay in the grand scheme of things I know, but it makes me a bit sad even so because I want him to have one too, but have to say no each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment