Monday 2 April 2012

Don't sweat the small stuff

Sleeping: J has been happy to sleep on a mattress with pillows round it on the floor. So that has been no problem whatsoever. No need to buy a new bed or anything (I want to postpone that because a big bed would take up lots of room). I do find him in odd positions round his bedroom fast asleep by the cupboard or whatever, but so long as he doesn't wake up I don't care!

Washing: J is very willing to sit with his feet in a tub of water - so at least part of him gets a good wash regularly. He doesn't like me wiping his arms/legs/neck etc, but gets over it fairly quickly.

Hairwashing: We tackled hairwashing last night. I decided that as his hair is so fine, I'd just wipe it with a wet flannel and see how we went. J was NOT happy. I'm glad I didn't use shampoo as I'd not have been able to rinse it out. Anyway, it looks fine today even though it only had a wipe - so I don't need to worry about this. Once I'd finished wiping, he was right as rain - I just need the courage (and physical strength) to hold and wipe.















No comments:

Post a Comment