Tuesday 13 September 2011

accidental potty training

J happened to wee as I was changing his nappy on Sunday, so I slipped the potty underneath and made a bit of a fuss at how great it was that he was using the potty. I then showed him how to empty it into the toilet and flush it away. He was very interested, especially in the flushing, and very pleased with himself.

I read in something about potty training that there's no need to go over the top with praise. I think I was a wee bit enthusiastic (pardon the pun) with my high 5s. But he did know that it was a "good thing" by the end of the episode.

In case you're interested, I got a mega cheap potty a few weeks ago and so far it has been a hat (J loves it on my head...) and a seat for J and for teddy.


Now he knows the connection with wee.

We're not potty training per se, but I read somewhere about having a potty around and getting children interested in it before training.

PS - I know I've cleaned it thoroughly, but I'm now a bit less willing to wear it as a hat...   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment