Thursday 23 February 2012

you tube video of cast removal at home

As promised yesterday - this is a link to a you tube video about removing Mehta type casts at home using a "tin snip".

The consultant looked at me as if I had 2 heads when I said about taking it off myself, but lots of other parents do this (it saves taking more time off work, 2 long car journeys and waiting in the hospital, just for the plasterer to do the same thing).

The plasterer would use an electric saw not a tin snip.

Don't you love the decorated cast of the little boy in the video clip? I asked about getting coloured/decorated casts for J and was told it's possible and I need to speak with the plasterer.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool. Our 18 month old is scheduled to have her first mehta cast removed tomorrow. I will really think about this for the next time.

    ReplyDelete