Tuesday 13 September 2011

Cast number 6

J had cast number 6 today. As soon as we walked into the casting room and were greeted by Patrick the plasterer, J stopped smiling, turned round and ran out! He isn't daft and knows what's coming - but didn't mind too much with having it put on again. He was much more restless than last time though and it took 4 of us to keep him still. But he didn't protest, it was more just being wriggly.

Starting with the evening before- big smiles when the scissors come out:

 Peppa pig was far more interesting than mummy wanting to take photos
J keeps stroking his chest and belly when the cast comes off - must be nice to feel it when it's been covered up for 2 weeks. I have a lovely video clip of this, but it won't upload. 


His skin is fine - bit red in patches, but no problems at all.  
 We went out to water the flowers before J's bath. I love his new all in one kagoule and George pig boots (his choice of wellies - I put the whole range in front of him at the shop, and he definitely wanted these - I thought he'd go for the crocodiles, but was wrong! I love it when he makes choices and I see the real character of my son emerging :-)  ).
 J was fascinated by this tap at the Hospital - it has a sensor and he loved playing with it (and pre-casting I don't mind playing with water).

 As ever, J had his traditional sausage and beans afterwards. Nice to have a little ritual.

I must admit that even though all went well and we both know the ropes well now, I felt drained again afterwards... not helped by being woken up at least hourly overnight (J's incisors seem to be the problem at the moment). Hopefully we'll both get a good night's sleep tonight. Next cast on the 27th, then the consultant and more x-rays on 10th October. Fingers crossed for a clear improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment