Thursday 8 September 2011

long time no see!

Before you ask, no we haven't been on holiday all this time!

We had a lovely time at the seaside - more of that anon - and J had his 6th cast fitted the Tuesday after we got back.

I must admit that the re-casting really affected me this time. I felt quite down knowing that this will go on and on for years yet. I've picked myself up and given myself a talking-to since then. Severe lack of sleep while on holiday had taken its toll. One night I got just 2 hours and other nights were not much better. I hate sharing a room with J as he makes a lot of noise at night even when he's asleep and doesn't need me at all. Sleep has been better for the past few days - however, if I wake up after 3am or so (now it's often not J's fault) I don't get back to sleep and that's a problem.

J was fine about getting the cast again. He protested a little about the towelling jersey, but then stood as good as gold throughout (with his legs crossed- don't know why!) and looked at the pictures on the walls. The plasterer was going to offer a lollipop at the end, but I took J for our traditional post-casting sausage instead (this time with a bowl of baked beans). He had started to be reluctant about walking down the corridor out of the casting room, but a mention of the sausage spurred him on.

The pictures below are the only ones from the casting - what a cheeky face, eh? He's recently learnt to stick out his tongue, and keeps on and on doing it :-) No sign of the tongue tie he had at birth (it was only slight anyway). And obviously not in the least bit bothered by the new cast!


No comments:

Post a Comment