Wednesday 12 October 2011

photos

I would like to have more photos on here, but have got behind, so as a first tranche, here are photos relating to Monday this week (removing cast, x-ray, casting).

We went to Hatton Country World on Sunday - we have annual membership, so go a lot, but J is never usually allowed in the sand. Since I knew he'd have the cast removed later, we took full advantage of the sand and diggers.
 

"No I'm not wearing that silly hat - you wear it mummy" (he was quite happy for me to put it on...)





Can you see the lump in the middle of J's back below? The consultant said it didn't show up on the x-ray, so wasn't bothered- but there is now a lump where the cast was rubbing a couple of casts ago :-(









Monday - and we started off in x-ray. No photos of the actual x-ray (with J standing) but these are ones with us looking at the equipment. To a small boy who loves wires, tubes and machines, it's great :-) 

 In the ward 11 waiting room. J spent ages putting the people and turkey in the trailer in different combinations, clearly working out what fitted best.

 Late afternoon, time for the casting - despite J being very, very tired.






 Oh dear - not a happy bunny.





 J LOVES my hair and finds it very comforting. Not always the most comfortable for me - but given the circumstances, it was good to find something that soothed him.





 The cafe was closed so no sausage :-( but the plasterer did give J a lolly (never seen one before so was happy to choose it and hold it, but didn't know what it was!)
Home again. Back to the important matter of the electric whisk. J ADORES the electric whisk - so omelette has become a regular meal (he can also crack open an egg and cut up butter to put in the frying pan). He is very happy to sit with it on the tray for the whole meal and protests vehemently if I suggest putting it elsewhere.

 I chose a red cast this time. J can now say red (well, "-ed"). He's good at spotting red things too, such as red cars. I think he's quite pleased with it being red- I've made a fuss of it eg "what a smart RED cast". My attitude is that since this will be such a big part of our lives, we're not trying to hide it or anything - I want him to be proud of it and feel it's ok to wear it. Maybe we'll choose a different colour next time - there's a whole spectrum of them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment